Re: (ET) painting, using Extend

I've touched on this before, but I think it mostly goes in one eye and out
the other.

Read Bob's message again, it's still included.... there is a key point in
it.

Rust Convertors need rust to convert. If you first sandblast or otherwise
remove the rust, it will do NOTHING.

I applied some to an automotive body panel, the converted area DID NOT
RUST, the rest of the panel DID, because it had
no rust when I applied the stuff.

I vaguely remember reading in the instructions for POR-15 a statement
about not removing the rust, just the flakes. I
never used the stuff. I just read the instructions so I am not sure how it
works.

If you are going to use this stuff, sandblast, then spray it with water
and let it sit for a day or three and then
treat it after the rust has formed.

The preceding is just my opinion, I am not a professional in this field.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom