Re: (ET) ge pulling

Hi Matt,

> When I was pulling IC's I used 26x12x12 cheveron tires. (

Yep, thats what most of the other tractors in the 500kg/1100lbs category
also used, but for a stock E20 I thought the 23x10.5x12 is large enough,
I may be wrong.

> At low press. the tire curls and forces the tread to bit the
> track. I had
> belt problems with my GE and the breaker on the motor.

I read about the belt problems from others and made sure that they are
tight. My belt still slipps a bit if I try to start from a stand still
in the D2 gear by quickly pushing down the accellerator all the way,
but I did not want to hurt any bearings by overtightening. During the
pull I had no problems of the belt slipping.

> If I
> ever got one to
> mess with again I would take that off and unhook the field
> weakning stuff.

I did that in my second run. I didn't use the field weakening.

> ( wont need it on a good pull) Have some ideas on a super
> mod. for one but
> IT could all go up in smoke (or flames) burning batterys suck
> and steank.

Yep, I felt pretty dumb when I had to push the tractor after the
first pull due to the klixon cutting all power. It took about 2
minutes for it to come back on. The motor was cold on the
outside but I think the heat had not yet had time to propagate
from the armature to the motor housing. So I have no idea how
hot the motor was on the inside.

I wonder if the built in temperature switch would also protect
the armature or only the field windings. (or would the shunt
windings be the same temperature as the armature and hence if
the thermal breaker was attached to those protect the motor?)

Markus