Re: (ET) Garden Pulling with the E20

Hi Hump,

you're right in that it most likely was a combination of the
the batteries (basic flooded batteries) and the wiring. I had
noticed a significant power drop when changing from 3 100Ah
12V AGMs to the 6 215Ah flooded batteries. For the purpose
of pulling I could go back to the AGMs.

About the motor: my E20 is not a shunt, its a compound wound
but I think this is what you meant to say as you are right in
that the series winding is relatively small compared to the
shunt windings that the motor has.  One can see that at a picture
I took once having one of them apart:
http://markus.lorch.net/et/motors/small/e20-motor-compound-field-windings.jp

I had long had the thoughts of using one of the ADC 6.7" motors
but I don't want to invest that kind of money. Maybe I run
accross an old fork lift truck motor one day.

Markus