Re: (ET) changing tires?

Yes 5 bux is cheap for the convenience of having a tire mounted.

But, there are those die hard do-it-yourselfers out there.....

Here is how "we" do it.(we: those with family members who have had a
hairdo ruined by a ceiling fan)

Did it just two weeks ago in fact, on a 1952 Allis Chalmers front wheel.

Once the bead is broke the rest is easy........sometimes.

To break the bead

Place the wheel and tire assembly flat on the ground.
Remove the insides of the valve stem

Place a board or other similar flat object (I use a 2x6) across the tire
so one edge just touches the rim and the
board covers the sidewall of the tire.

Drive over the board slowly with your car or truck. You may have to spin
the tire 180 degrees and do it again, but if
you removed the valve stem guts like I said to, then the bead should break
free.

I know what you're thinking.... "I don't need to remove the valve stem".
Trust me. You do.

Flip the tire/wheel assembly and repeat for the other side. Now the tire
is loose on the rim and can be removed. Put
the screwdriver away and get a crowbar, tire iron, and large hammer.

Anybody care to know how to use starting fluid to re-seat the bead?  It
goes along with the saying..."Hey Y'all, watch
this!"

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom