Re: (ET) How to tell which battery is bad.

You can measure voltage across each battery or measure the specific gravity of the electrolyte. My favorite tool is a load tester as it is very easy to use and will rat out a bad battery that may look good at 'idle'. Usually on sale at Harbor Freight.

- SteveS

Perry Cain wrote:

I think I have a bad battery.  My one tractor stopped working correctly.
When I tried to go forward, the tractor would just jerk and the power would
flatline hard when I pressed the accelerator. I figured I had a short
somewhere, so I left it sit till I could get to it. So I was using my
second
tractor.

But since the batteries in the first tractor were newer, I decided to put
them in the second tractor.  Now the second tractor is doing the same
thing.
Thus, I assume it's a battery problem.   All the batteries have a charge,
but I still suspect it is one of the batteries.

Any idea how I tell which one?

Perry Cain
perry suppleye com