Re: (ET) 48 volts

I have been wondering about the 48 volt Elec-trak as well. Higher voltage
would
be a little more efficient, and 48 volt components are a little more
available
via the forklift markets.

There has been talk of overspeeding the mower motors by raising the
voltage,
but I can't help but wonder about that. I would assume that the system was
designed to safe with a fully charged 36 volts pack, which is ...what?...
42ish
volts? And we are all painfully aware how much the voltage sags under load
on
flooded batteries. So, would a 48 volt pack sag down to a safe voltage for
the
mowers?

It would be an expensive experiment to try I guess, but I wonder...