Re: (ET) Electric motor search (off topic)

3,600RPM is a standard AC 2 pole motor speed.....better to go with that.

www.surpluscenter.com   is a good source of motors, pumps, hydraulics,
engines, etc.....

HP x 746 watts/HP x 1.15/110V = approx amps  (as motors are rated in HP on
Surplus Center)

You may need to consider how it's connected.  If it's a belt drive gas
engine, the ac motor should
be rated for belt drive (or ask)....sleeve bearing motors cannot belt
drive.  Need ball or roller bearing or a
jack-shaft in between.  Install a overload breaker or capable switch in
case of clogs to prevent damage to
the motor or drive-train.

Watch out for the cord!

...Walt