(ET) (no subject)

One thing that surprised me is the fact that no one brought up powdercoating as an possible solution for this.  I had a motorcycle frame and some parts sandblasted and powdercoated for $150 altogether and it was more than worth it.  IT all came back looking like new, glossy, and the only thing wrong with it was that the areas on the battery box that had been pitted from rust could not be repaired or concealed (body filler can’t be used with powdercoating). In this case, it would be for a tractor, and not a show condition Dunesberg, so that shouldn’t matter.

It is a cheap and easy way to do it.  It is a hard and durable surface, and you’d just have to drop it off at a shop and pick it up in a few days, ready to be reassembled.  One thing to keep in mind is that this coating can be thick and might interfere with components that have a tight clearance (threads and threaded holes will have to be covered or plugged up before powdercoating so those stay clean and clear of the stuff).

Has anyone tried powdercoating their tractor frames, mower decks, snowblower shells, or such? If so, what kind of results did you have with this?

Cheers

Matt