Re: (ET) Alltrax install!

The way I understand it, the controller takes care of the motor. There is no need to use the fuse. I also don't like the idea of the controller loosing power, just when the motor is being stressed.
John Briese
I-5 Alltrax

From: Ralph & Elaine Vogan <ralphgv talkamerica net>
To: "Archive, Elec-Trak" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) Alltrax install!
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:42:50 -0500

I just wired the CB-3 in series with the brake switch. This will shut off the controller if the motor gets to hot.

Ralph

Kleinbrahm, Bob wrote:

I have a question for all of you that have done the alltrax conversion on your tractors. I am almost finished with the E20 conversion and am wondering if any of you have kept the CB-3 breaker in your conversions? The CB-3 is an internal breaker in the main motor that has the two leads #5 & #25 coming out of the motor connector plug along with the field wires #62 & #36 on the motor. If you have kept this internal breaker, how did you end up wiring it? I believe that the Alltrax schematic doesn't show it, nor does the controller seem to need it to function. I'm just leery of snipping too many wires that are not required for this installation to function.