Re: (ET) dozer blade and driveway maintenance

As I started reading this thread I was thinking... "Whats he meaning? When
the blade is down the ttilt would be the opposite and form a crown" Then I
read a little further and it dawned on me. My I-5 has very large front
tires, so my blade does in fact tilt down when it is down.

I do have problems with it scissoring also. This may be in part because
I've drilled a hole through the blade and bolted it to the mount to defeat
the foldover springs. Yes I know that there was a bar that would do that,
but even the bar gave me more play than I wanted. Know I can REALLY rip up
rocks and roots and stuff that the blade previously would have jumped
over. It needs more weight, I'm seriously considering mounting a linear
actruator or hydraulics to get some more downforce. Of course, that would
make the scissoring even worse. Go slow.

Stay Charged
Hump