Re: (ET) Reliable, heavy-duty electric tractor?

That is a reference to a SARE-funded project to convert a "G" tractor to electric... I interviewed the farmer involved over the summer and will post the article later this week (just as soon as I find the file!).

Hint: the neatest part was strolling along next to the guy as he was weeding the beans, and being able to talk at normal levels with the tractor running :-)

Joel Parks wrote:
I was just looking up a reference and found this on the EV-America webpage: "Electric Farm Tractor USDA Grant" See http://www.ev-america.com/ I couldn't find any more details but I'm sure if you called Bob he'd answer all your questions

Joel

--
Jim Coate
1970's Elec-Trak's