Re: (ET) Alltrax survey

My 4QD is close to 3 years and my E20 is used every summer for all my mowing...knock on wood :)

Stephen & Carol Welch wrote:

Hi All,

Jeff's recent questions about the Alltrax got me to thinking....(a dangerous activity under any circumstances)

I'm on my 3rd unit in my E20. Both prior units failed and would not switch from forward to reverse or vice versa. There were sometimes some PTO symptoms as well. The first unit failed last spring after a very short period of use, the second failed at the end of last fall with one full season of mowing use. Steve Richardson and the folks at Alltrax have been very willing to exchange the units at no cost, and I've gotten my removal/installation time down to about 10 minutes. Steve R. thinks that the "H-transistor" has been the culprit each time. He has never questioned my installation or indicated that anything was at fault other than components within the unit.

I thought maybe I'd do a little unscientific survey here. I'll post the results here in a couple of weeks hopefully.

If you have an Alltrax, please answer the following questions:

1.  Which ET do you have?
2. Since we don't have hour meters, how many months of active use has your unit seen (take your best guess)?
3.  If your unit has required replacement, how many times?
4.  What was the nature of the trouble that lead to each replacement?
5.  Something significant I forgot here??

I'm only doing this survey to satisfy my/our curiosity, *not* to "build a case" against Alltrax. They've been good to me and I very much like my controller. I assume Alltrax does it's own product performance tracking, but maybe this survey would uncover something useful?

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. I'll be out of town next week, so will respond to any messages upon my return.