(ET) 12v to 6v

Hi all,

I am now thinking of trying to convert my E-141 from running on 12v
batteries to running on 6v batteries. Has anyone done this? If so could you
let me know how you did it? I would welcome any suggestions. Since the
tractor was built to use six 12v batteries series connected as two sets of
three, with the sets wired in parallel, I was wondering whether I could get
away with wiring 6 x 6v batteries in parallel. The 6v batteries that I have
found have more than twice the amp hour rate of the 12v that I have found.

What would all this mean for charging batteries using the charger that
plugs
into the tractor?

Many thanks, and apologies for all the questions,

John