(ET) Elec-Trak controls for 2005?

It seems there are a few folks of the same mind here or at least a few
that don't have mutually exclusive ideas.  Maybe we can make some progress
on this during the non-mowing season.

I have an E-12 that works well enough to mow with for now and an E-20 that
I'd like to restore which has a few issues with the control circuits.

My plan for the winter was to get after the tear it apart, clean, repair,
paint work and then start on re-wiring it.  That lead to thoughts of
replacing and or improving the control circuits, maybe using relays with
36v coils, etc. to avoid running a tapped battery pack.

Over the past few months I've seen e-mail to this list with part numbers
for the connectors, the 36v bulbs, 36v relays, etc. we'd need.  The idea
of a new control board that can be plugged into existing wiring sounds
really great to me and it seems a few others.

I'd like to suggest that we see if we can work out the details, share
ideas, etc..  Is there enough interest that we should use this mailing
list?  If not, could those who would care to join in let me know and I'll
get a mailing list set up for this.

My first question would be who, if anyone, has access to the most recent
version of the wiring diagrams, the service bulletins, etc.?  I know about
the ones on the elec-trak.org site but for this to work we have to cover
as many variations as practical.  The second would be does anyone know how
many versions there were and how much they vary?  From what I understand
we MAY be able to make a board that works for E-15s and E-20s if it is
done in such a way that field weakening is optional.

Thanks,
Bill