Re: (ET) New Cards

I make my living embedding micros in stuff. I'm not sure what could be gained by putting more control in the ET (other than a full up PWM controller - and I know that's not universally agreed on). The existing system is somewhat complicated, but works very well for something that is mostly mechanical. Replacing the existing components with more robust, modern semiconductors would fix a lot of problems we see. Bad connections are another problem area could be addressed.

I did make an 'ET meter' for my E20. It has a micro and LCD. Shows voltage, current, stores data, etc. But, you know, I'm not sure if I gained much over the existing meter setup. Chris's idea of monitoring individual batteries is probably the best add-on feature I've heard about and it's pretty simple as I recall.

All that said, I love experimenting, so if you have an idea and need help persuing it, I'd be glad to help.

- SteveS

Perry Cain wrote:
My Son and I have been toying with the idea of a new card that would accept
existing wiring, but would be more of a controller, with a basic stamp or
an
on board FPGA.  Not that I have the time to do such a thing.  I could do
the
programming, he would embed it.  I would need the help of an EE.

"I wonder if it would be worth building a new E15 card"