Re: (ET) Hot frame (post 2)

Well, start thinking about it and trace it back. For example:

If the tractor is sitting there with the disconnect off, is there a ground fault?

How about with it on?

Now sit on the tractor seat. How about now?

Turn the key, anything?

Take off the brake

Start the motor in forward.

How about reverse?

Walk it through one step at a time and isolate the fault. Then go from there.

Chris

willaim att net wrote:

Message re-sent

You make a good point, Chris, about my frame not being isolated from the batteries. Since my blown R1 trouble, caused by its touching the frame, I measured the voltage on the frame relative to battery ground. I got +37.2 volts (with the key switch off), which is exactly pack voltage. I know the frame floated on measurements prior to my R1 trouble. So something changed. My headlight circuit is suspicous, but its a 12 volt circuit. How can I find the fault other than by disconnecting one wire at a time? Thanks, Bill