(ET) Hot frame (post 2)

Message re-sent

You make a good point, Chris, about my frame not being isolated from the
batteries. Since my blown R1 trouble, caused by its touching the frame, I
measured the voltage on the frame relative to battery ground. I got +37.2
volts
(with the key switch off), which is exactly pack voltage. I know the frame
floated on measurements prior to my R1 trouble. So something changed. My
headlight circuit is suspicous, but its a 12 volt circuit. How can I find
the
fault other than by disconnecting one wire at a time?
Thanks, Bill