Re: (ET) expensive

Neil wrote:
Yeah, it went from 2.75 to 3.00 yesterday here in WNY. Odd thing, I advertised a Black & Decker battery mower in local penysaver, never got a call {:-{. Must be price isn't high enough yet. I'm happy out 2 vehicles both get about 25 mpg, a local guy said it cost over $100 to fill up his SUV !!

*nod* One of the nicest things about the Elec-Trak isn't so much that it doesn't use gas, but how *convenient* it is not to have to store gas in those stupid cans. And fill it. And have the engine be hot and covered with grass that can catch fire. And banging yourself on the exhaust muffler. And go to the gas station on a nice saturday because the stupid can is empty. Why the heck would anyone buy something else?

Similar thoughts about the electric car. My 94 Prizm (factory electric) is great. Sure it saves on gas, but to be honest it is such a time wasting *pain* to drive over to the gas station, wait in line, pump smelly gas, pay for it, drive away. Must take 15-20 minutes. With the Prizm I simply walk behind the car, raise the license plate, and shove in a paddle. Takes about 5 seconds. Even my 5 year old kid can do it; I doubt I would let her pump gasoline*

Chris

* The Prizm uses a Magnecharger system to charge the car. When they demonstrated it they had engineers plugging in the cars while wearing swin trunks, standing in salt water barefoot, with hoses of water pouring down on them. Being that it is a magnetic coupling system there is no possibility of being shocked. Even if you chew on it :-)