-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of
willaim att net
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 11:08 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) E-12 Elect. Prob. (post 2)

I'm still fretting with my problem (see 8-25 post) inbetween innings of
tv baseball and having a colonoscopy.  What I'd like to know: is my E-12
motor a PM type or not. I understand that PM motors have no field
wiring and no diodes (which the schematics contradict). My motor has 2
studs, so it looks like a PM type to me. The large black goes to the
lower right lug of the reverse contactor. The large red goes to the
upper left lug of the forward contactor (I have the OP631 conversion of
contactors). A bundle of 4 small black wires comes out of the motor to a
connector and I can't physically follow where they go. On the upper dash
is a small cluster of tiny diodes. None of this stuff is explained by
the manual wiring diagrams and schematics.
My tractor frame label says 26AE12HA, the GE motor label says M/N
5BCE56KB5B, Date Code BHN. Can anyone tell me the facts?
Thanks, Bill Alburty KC