Re:(ET) E-12 Elect. Prob. (post 2)

Bill,
You have a wound field motor. The two large wires power the armature. The
four small wires are : 2 Field wires and 2 internal circuit breaker wires.
In addition you should  have yet another set of wires coming out the back
into a plastic plug. They are for the centrifugal switch in the motor.
 Sincerely,
Harold Z.
I'm still fretting with my problem (see 8-25 post) inbetween innings of tv
baseball and having a colonoscopy.  What I'd like to know: is my E-12
motor a PM type or not. I understand that PM motors have no field  wiring
and no diodes (which the schematics contradict). My motor has 2 studs, so
it looks like a PM type to me. The large black goes to the lower right lug
of the reverse contactor. The large red goes to the upper left lug of the
forward contactor (I have the OP631 conversion of contactors). A bundle of
4 small black wires comes out of the motor to a connector and I can't
physically follow where they go. On the upper dash is a small cluster of
tiny diodes. None of this stuff is explained by the manual wiring diagrams
and schematics.
My tractor frame label says 26AE12HA, the GE motor label says M/N
5BCE56KB5B, Date Code BHN. Can anyone tell me the facts?
Thanks, Bill Alburty KC