Re: (ET) E-12 Elect. Prob. (post 2)

E-12 HA has a wound field traction motor. There should be a Power Pulse button on the upright part of the control cabinet. There should be a total of four small wires exiting the field housing, with two more small wires exiting a stamped sheet metal cover on the end bell of the motor opposite of the pulley end. These two are for the centrifugal switch. Does this head you in the proper direction ? <G>

----- Original Message ----- From: <willaim att net>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: (ET) E-12 Elect. Prob. (post 2)

I'm still fretting with my problem (see 8-25 post) inbetween innings of tv baseball and having a colonoscopy. What I'd like to know: is my E-12 motor a PM type or not. I understand that PM motors have no field wiring and no diodes (which the schematics contradict). My motor has 2 studs, so it looks like a PM type to me. The large black goes to the lower right lug of the reverse contactor. The large red goes to the upper left lug of the forward contactor (I have the OP631 conversion of contactors). A bundle of 4 small black wires comes out of the motor to a connector and I can't physically follow where they go. On the upper dash is a small cluster of tiny diodes. None of this stuff is explained by the manual wiring diagrams and schematics. My tractor frame label says 26AE12HA, the GE motor label says M/N 5BCE56KB5B, Date Code BHN. Can anyone tell me the facts?
Thanks, Bill Alburty KC