Re: (ET) Elec-Trak E20 Wiring

On 1 Jul 2005 at 18:09, Raymon Ellis wrote:

> Paul Holzschuher wrote to ask how long the wiring took:

I did mine on an E15 in a couple of weekends.  That included making my own
dash-mounted pot and reverse switch mount.  I added a reverse beeper and a
key-on warning buzzer with another Saturday afternoon.  Note that I did
NOT
replace all of the high current motor wiring, though I probably should
have.
 I DID replace all the wiring behind the dash panel.

I did not mount the contactor on the Alltrax as suggested.  That would
have
limited where I could mount the controller because of clearance problems.
left the contactor where it already was and mounted the controller above
it.

I also put the motor temp switch in the controller enable line, not in
series with the power as Steve suggested.

I like your charging contactor and the fiber optic link to the controller
LED.  Good ideas.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
     To die for an idea is unquestionably noble.  But how much
     nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true!

                                  -- H L Mencken