*From:* Ralph G Vogan [mailto:ralphgv CenturyTel net]
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:54 AM
*To:* Raymon Ellis
*Subject:* Re: E20 Wiring Diagram

Hi Raymon, I used a Radio Shack diode rated at 4 amps @ 50 volts or higher. Make sure the band on one end of the diode is away from the C.C. coil. If it is on the end towards the coil it will not turn on the Alltrax. Your diode should not be a glass one, they might not handle the amps needed. If it is a black plastic one it may be backwards, that will not hurt the diode, just take it off and turn it around. The foot pedal has to be all the way up before the dash control will stay on. I had to put a helper spring on mine to keep it from turning off on the bumps.

Raymon Ellis wrote:

Ralph I have tried to copy your C.C. Button setup on my E20 as shown on your web site page 5. I just cannot hold my foot still enough on my rough lawn with only the pedal. I have installed a dash potentiometer same as the one inside the box which is connected to the pedal and a relay connected to the C.C. switch so I can move to dash control when on the lawn. I have everything except the diode you show holding power to Pin 5. Will you tell me what value to ask for and where to purchase the diode? My replacement controller from Steve Richardson seems to be OK. I occasionally get a red led flash but it switches back to green after a moment or two. I just need the dash control to complete the job. You know that my electronic knowledge is poor but my drive is strong and unstoppable. I soldered an available diode onto a small phenolic board along with the light resistor where Card 4 was mounted. My C.C. light works OK but the diode was not right. Will you give me a hand on this? Thanks, Raymon