(ET) battery monitor

I just ordered a battery monitor kit from "futuretec" (?), it uses an ic and lights 10 LEDS over an approx 2 volt range - gonna put it in wifes car - she got caught with a flat batt and with the "joke" idiot lights they use there is not way to tell condition. In this case I don't know if it would have made a difference - after we ju,p started it, drove about 40 miles I had her run the CD player for an hour (that's what she had done the day it died) put my load checker on the bat, a 30 second 100 amp draw pulled it to about 10.7 volts, unloaded it was about 11.5. So we put it away, I bought a new batt anyway, went to pull it out og the garage today, batt was at 7.6 volts. I checked for currnt draw, found none. interesting eh.

wombat