RE: (ET) Electric Ox Review

Ken Olum wrote:

> Why is backing down better?  It would seem to have the same chance of
> tipping over as going forward.  If I'm concerned about tipping, I
> would rather have the deck downhill from me, as there seems to be no
> chance that the whole tractor could be lifted over the deck.

On a grade the downhill wheels carry more weight than on the level, the
uphill wheels carry less.  So the downhill wheels get more traction.  That
means both regen braking and the mechanical brake work better.

It also means that if you hit a bump or obstruction backing down a hill,
you're more likely to tip over backwards - with the tractor on top.  Treat
steep grades with caution!

Chris