Re: [Fwd: Re: (ET) Electric Ox Review]

Has anyone devised a roll-bar?  My first E15 had definitely rolled before I owned it.  I could tell by the distorted steering wheel.  I avoided any roll-overs, but had a close call.

I started down a steep grade in the higher gears, and my brake stopped working.
I just barely threaded the gate, and negotiated the curve at the bottom of the hill.
My neighbor happened to be looking at the window while I was hurtling down hill, and thought I had become a lunatic.

Christopher Zach <czach computer org> wrote:
Elie, Larry (L.D.) wrote:
> And remember NOT to touch the brake pedal until you clear the top....

Or let off on cruise control. When I have to go up a steep hill I set
the tractor on L gear, and let it rip. If the tractor stalls out on the
way up I let it roll back. Never try to reestablish power; the front
will go right up.

Best way to get back down is to just throw the tractor to reverse and go
down backwards in cruise control. No skids, works well.

Chris