(ET) Re: Wheelhorse C-185 Mower Deck Motor

Title: Message
Well I took the offending motor off the deck (read removed all rusty 7/16th steel fasteners off with angle grinder and cutoff wheel) and chucked it into my vise for disassembly.  took off the cap and unbolted the body.  The armature came out real easy.  Does not look to be bent at all.  Bearings (made by Hoover?) look and felt good, cummutator is nice and clean.  Looked into the motor barrel and found carnage of broken magnet bits and pieces.  I've posted a bunch of pics here.  http://bklein2.photosite.com/Electrak/

I can still cut my lawn but it takes a third longer with only two of the three blades working....So I need another motor and would like to keep it identical to the one removed.  Who can help me out?  I have a paypal account ready to transfer money to you....

Thanks to all for your help and guidance.

You may also notice some interesting projects in my pics website.  I have an outboard motor modified to accept an electrak tall and thin deck motor, a hydraulic power steering pump being driven by an electrak tall and thin deck motor originally for a bucket loader project, a DC motor to variable speed transmission that awaits an ATV type two wheel scooter,  as well as a couple of spare deck motors from a Wheelhorse A-65 mower deck.  I would gladly trade those two motors for the one deck motor I need.

Thanks again

Bob Klein
Charlestown, RI