(ET) magnets

Hi all,

I have a 90VDC permanent magnet motor from a treadmill. It looks like it may be a good source of magnets for a small blade motor. The shell dia is 3.24" OD, 2.90" ID, 5.500" long with the armature removed. The magnets are 3.500" long and .400" thick. This particular motor had a short between two armature windings which I sort of fixed. The nameplate says 18A 6700 RPM 1.5 HP cont, made by McmillanElectric Company. I suspect it is Chinese, but who knows. If anyone wants it, it's yours for $30 including shipping in the lower 48 states or $25 if all you want is the shell and magnets. Apart from the short, it is real nice. It looks like the identical size to a small deck motor, but I didn't care to take one of mine apart to verify that. Anyone care to investigate? I imagine a little gentle heat would get the magnets out.

Harry Landis