Re: (ET) mini bike

I haven't seen it yet - I think it's complete except for the engine - which suits me. The centrifugal clucth is on the engine usually right? If so probably won't have it.

I'm thinking too of using a PWM control. I see 4QD has several that might work and the prices are decent; not sure which would be best. Alternatively, it would be interesting to build a PWM controller - maybe this is low enough power where it may be feasible. Of course I guess there are some simple ways too - like a go-no-go switch, but I want to learn more about motor control so PWM seems the thing.

- SteveS

neil wrote:

Steve, has it got a drive of some kind, the ones we used to sdell had a minature centrifugal drive like a snowmobile so the engine ran at high rpm.

In any case, I'd look at a "pulse width modulator" first, a set of relays after that.

wombat