Re: (ET) Stiff Steering, pt. 3

Steve,

and others;

I just came from a Toro dealer  in Central Square (on the North side of
Syracuse).

He has a large pile of ET's in his junk-yard.

Kind of expensive, for a junk-yard. He knows what ET parts are worth. He
also kne of Bill Gunn.

I just bought a junk deck with two non-working fat can motors. Paid
$100.00 for it. The deck is in really bad shape.
Neither motor will power up. But I needed a couple fat cans that are
rebuildable, so I bought it. (I just wasted
another set of magnets in one of my deck motors, and was out of spares.)

He wants $2,000.00 for the entire pile. I don't have any $$ left. But I
have lots of storage space, and I'm only 35
miles from him.

Anybody interested?

He said someone in Ohio keeps telling him that they are going to come get
the pile, but hasn't shown up yet. Anyone here?

Steve, I'm sure you could get an axle from him if you need to. If not, I
have one. I think wombat does too, he's not
far from you either. and is very interesting to talk with and very easy to
deal with. I.E. He's not trying to make a
living selling 30 yr old parts.

On an interesting note, I saw a tractor that was kind of a wheel-horse
red, but the red was flaking off and under the
red it was I-5 Orange. Closer examination showed it to be a New Idea
EGT-150. Other than the color, it looked just
like my I-5.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump