From: Steve Gaarder [mailto:gaarder ecovillage ithaca ny us]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 12:46 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Stiff Steering, pt.2

Well, I greased it - not much improvement if any.  So I jacked it up and
disconnected the tie rods.  The steering gear itself turns fine.  THe
whell pivots are where the stiffness is.  One of them is *extremely* hard
to move.  Can this be fixed (and if so how) or do I need a new axle (and
where would I get one)?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder