Re: (ET) Shunt-wound motor question

At 10:18 AM 5/13/05 -0600, Ken Muldrew wrote:
My E8 has a PM motor so this question is irrelevant for that, but I have
an old EZ-GO golf cart with a shunt-wound motor that is similar (I think)
to the E15 so perhaps the motor people here can help (I'm afraid I don't
know that much about motors).

Make sure that it is shunt wound and not series wound. Shunt wound motors are relatively new to golf carts. Series wound motors were very common.

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions, be they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to chew a radio signal. " -- Kelvin Throop, III
http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/