RE: (ET) Spring cleaning leads to questions

Chris,

Some words to the wise:

Once you get your deck back use POR instead of Rustoleum.  You'll get a
great primary bond between the por and the white metal and a lot thicker
(Mil) buildup.  You can overcoat the POR with the white if you want to
keep the deck looking clean.  I've been told by this group not to use my
pressure washer to clean the deck.  Now I use an old wood kitchen scraper
which works great.  I also shed store my front mounted deck in the
vertical position so the underneath gets a lot of air time.

You should not be having corrosion issues with the steel/Stainless steel
interfaqce.  They are just not far enough away on the noble metals chart.
See below link.  Mild steel and 304/316 SS are next to each other and
they're not in a saltwater environment.
http://www.clementsmarine.co.uk/PDF/TD015/TD015.PDF

I would recommend using steel fasteners and degrease and paint over them
after assembly.