(ET) Lift motors from cars - Superwinch

After a nice phone call, I would like to retract my Email about the $50.00 winch,

First, it was pointed out that the current draw with a cheap motor just spooling in and out would overload the original wiring that I have fused at 30amp.

Second, the original up/down switch will not work with the replacement winch as the original is center tapped to give you three wires to connect to the window winder motor.

Third, the $50.00 dollar winch would be grounded for the motor connection and I bet it can not be removed.

Time for lunch.

  Thanks for all the reminders.

    Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen

Indiana University, UITS

Bloomington, In. 47408-7378

812-855-5367

Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us

"Ignorance is treatable, with a good prognosis. However, if left untreated, it develops into Arrogance, which is often fatal." -- Lee Hart