Re: (ET) Lift motors from cars - Superwinch

If you are going to use one of these winches check to see if they have one of the wires grounded to their frame first.

Hazen, Dwight L wrote:
I think the $50.00 winch will work just fine lifting the mower deck (if
it fits under the ET). Replace the steel cable with some nylon strap,
that will give you a softer lift and the strap should break before you
bend something. The original wiring and switch should handle the load as
long as you just lift the mower deck, lifting the snow blower I would
still double line the nylon strap. That way the current needed to lift
should not require relays and heaver wiring. Move you battery tap point
to the 12v terminal and you are ready to go.

If you are going to try and winch your ET up a tree this is not the way
to go.

 Dwight