RE: (ET) Lift motor failure

I've used my window lift from an old Chevy Impala
for the last year now without problems. However,
I am running both lifts at 12V, never felt the need
to boost them to 18V. (previous owner used 12V batteries
so there was no 18V tap available)

At http://markus.lorch.net/et/lift-motor.html you can see
how much I ground of my window lift motor. BUT, I can also
not pull up the full strap length without it rubbing against
the motor. But this was the case with the original motor
as well. Maybe my strap is not original.

Markus