Re: (ET) Lift motor failure

Tried a second one tonight. This one was fast, but then I heard a hiss in it, which is usually the sound of a flash-over on the commutator. Sure enough the armature was quite warm and this was with no-load.

Went to 12 volts and it seems to pull well. One question: Just how much do I have to file off the back of that motor in order for it to fit the whole lift strap? Is the rear strap supposed to be shorter than the front?

Chris

Slaperaski9 wmconnect com wrote:

If I were you, I'd at least try another motor since you have additional motors. For the past 6 years or more, I've been using a window motor from a 1974 Buick. And at 18 volts. No problems yet.