Re: (ET) Mower deck motor

I would try it - if it is extremely stubborn you can always stop. It goes back on easy. If , for some, reason it started to loosen as you ran it, I think the blade would stop quickly or make a lot of noise as it would free spin as soon as the bolt backed off - it's only a friction grip keeping it spinning.

Oh yeah, there is a key on the flange which may fall away as the flange comes off - so don't do this on the deck over tall grass (or so I've been told ;-) )

- Steve

buckley87 wrote:

Steve, I appreciate the input, I too was considering yanking the blade flange off to the get the entire armature out of the housing. But I, to my own amazement stopped myself. I thought well can I get it back on? Can I get it straight\level. Do I really trust my handy work on a device that is going spin a sharp piece of steel at many RPM's? Do I have enough beer in the fridge? The last question was the only one I said no to, so I will have to try this tomorrow night. I'll keep the kids indoors and away from the windows when I test it. Thanks for the push. Tom