Re: (ET) Rear wheel flanges

On 11 Apr 2005 at 8:08, Kleinbrahm, Bob wrote:

> I noticed that the wheel felt loose and
> immediately checked the lug bolts which were tight?  Took the wheel off
> and
> found the hub flange loose on the axel shaft, lots of play in it.

One of my rear axle flanges loosens over time and needs to be tightened
about once a year.  There are TWO allen head setscrews, one on top of the
other, which is why it seems as if you can't tighten it.  Remove the top
one, tighten the bottom one, replace the top one, and you should be good
for
another 6 months to a year.

The GE bulletin is interesting - good to know about it - but so far this
is
working OK for me.  I usually take off the wheels when I fit or remove the
winter chains anyway.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.

                               -- Johnny Hart