RE: (ET) Need lifter motor.

James Jarrett wrote:

> I bought this ET last year, and it has served me well, but I
> did not notice that the last owner had re-wired the
> connection for the lifter to 36v, not 18.  It worked well
> enough with no-load so I didn't notice, but the instant I put
> a load on it, it let the smoke out.

Hi James,

Just to make sure - do you have a GE Elec-Trak or an Avco New Idea?  The
ETs
do have an 18 V lift motor, but my New Idea (and all New Ideas?) has a 36 V
motor.  Not sure about the Wheelhorse models.  Your motor may have zorched
for a reason other than being over-volted.

Make sure you thread the lift strap correctly.  For heavy implements there
might be an additional roller that acts like a block and tackle, letting
the
motor turn twice as far for the same height of lift - which cuts the load
in
half.

Chris Tromley
near Philadelphia  PA  USA

100% Gas-Free Yard Equipment:
* Avco New Idea EGT 150 electric tractor
  with mid-mount mower deck and snow blade
* B&D corded electric mower and string trimmer
* Patriot 1.5 hp electric chipper/shredder/vac
* Remington Garden Wizard corded electric tiller
* Craftsman corded electric snow thrower