Re: (ET) wanted: Tiller and Forklift.

On 11 Apr 2005 at 20:09, Perry Cain wrote:

> Anyone within driving distance of Akron, Ohio interested in selling a
> tiller? Also, a forklift?

You picked the challenging ones!  It's tough enough to find these
anywhere,
much less in such a defined geographic area.  A few years ago, I drove 8
hours to bring back a tiller in rough condition.

Forklifts are even scarcer.  I may have missed some, but I don't think
I've
seen more than 2 on offer in the last 5 years.  So, I'd say the chance of
finding one nearby is slightly less than that of being struck by
lightning! ;-)  If
you find one at all, it could be anywhere - though come to that you might
luck
out, as upstate NY is a "hot spot" for ETs and attachments.  Warning, it
will
most likely fetch top dollar because forklifts are so rare.

Some folks here have made their own forklifts.  If you really need one,
that
might be a practical solution.  I think I remember seeing something about
such a project on the web, but now I can't find the page.  Maybe someone
else knows where it is.