(ET) off topic but interesting...

This auction is on eBay currently.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40155&item=714673
1105&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It talks about increasing the speed of you series wound golf cart motor.
It appears the kit is a solenoid some short cables, a switch to control
the solenoid and some wire for the switch....

What is the guess on how this works?? Messing with the field on the
motor? Skipping the controller and giving a straight hook from the
batteries to the motor?
 I have all the stuff pictured in the auction (didn't cost me close to
the $75 the auction is) and have an old golf cart that is in need of
more speed.