RE: (ET) Batteries and lighting

I was considering using these batteries called AGM, absorbent glass mat. A
model UPS12-475 (Dynasty division of CD Technologies). I could series
parallel 6 of them to get 36v at 268ah (20hr rate)
I have used a standard 36v charger with timer in the past, can you still
use
that charger with these kinds of batteries?

Yes, I would like long run times. Most likely not even using a mowing deck
or blower, this will be mainly for transportation of me.

Yea, the landing lamps are way over kill, but so will everything about this
little project.

Maybe I could just put a power resistor in series with a lamp? It would
waste a little power, but would keep the battery load even and make the
lamp
last longer. Would you calculate like this, 600w at 28v is 21 amps. If 21
amps goes across the additional voltage of 8v you get 0.38 ohms at 168w?
Am I correct on this?

The lights will be on gimbals so that they can be angled as I wish. So I
don't have to blind people. This way they will double as headlights and
searchlights. One will be a landing lamp with the big powerful narrow beam,
the other will be a taxi flood.

Kevin