-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of David Roden
(Akron OH USA)
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 12:14 AM
To: Elec-Trak
Subject: Re: (ET) Battery Making

On 2 Feb 2005 at 17:08, Dave Fancher wrote:

> they
> say they are the only maker of batteries still manufacturing in North
America.

This is news to me.  AFAIK, US Battery, Trojan, and East Penn (at least)
all have manufacturing plants in the US.

>From East Penn's website: "Large investments in new manufacturing and
battery
technology led to expansive growth throughout the 1980s and 1990s. The
company is now the largest manufacturing employer in Berks County and has
been recognized with many awards. Currently, East Penn has a 490+ acre
plant site, the largest in its industry, and over two million square feet
under roof."

http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/corporate/facilities.html

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
     I believe in an America where the separation of church and state  is
absolute ... where no minister would tell his parishoners for  whom
to vote, where no church or church school is granted any  public
funds or political preference ... where no religious body  seeks to
impose its will ... upon the general populace or the public acts of
its officials.
                                  -- President John F Kennedy