Re: (ET) Battery Making

On 2 Feb 2005 at 17:08, Dave Fancher wrote:

> they
> say they are the only maker of batteries still manufacturing in North
> America.

This is news to me.  AFAIK, US Battery, Trojan, and East Penn (at least)
all
have manufacturing plants in the US.

>From East Penn's website: "Large investments in new manufacturing and
>battery
technology led to expansive growth throughout the 1980s and 1990s. The
company
is now the largest manufacturing employer in Berks County and has been
recognized with many awards. Currently, East Penn has a 490+ acre plant
site,
the largest in its industry, and over two million square feet under roof."

http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/corporate/facilities.html

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
     I believe in an America where the separation of church and state
     is absolute ... where no minister would tell his parishoners for
     whom to vote, where no church or church school is granted any
     public funds or political preference ... where no religious body
     seeks to impose its will ... upon the general populace or the public
     acts of its officials.
                                  -- President John F Kennedy