Re: (ET) cable terminals

I currently have the ring style on the Elec-Trak - seemed much easier and neater and I'm hoping there won't be post-melting problems with the currents the tractor draws.  In the car I used the clamp on types (that's all those batteries take).  Both ring and clamp types are available from evparts and McMaster in a range of wire gauges, along with various accessories.

Sounds like you're all set for crimping, but for anyone who needs a solution, there are the kind that you hammer and cost far less than the long handle ones.   Or some folks on the EV list have had good luck with a socket sawed in two welded into the jaws of an old heavy-duty bolt cutter.  Just gotta use the right size socket for the wire gauge.

 - Tom Coate

Leesburg, VA, USA

1970s Elec-Trak E20 36VDC

1993 Ford Escort Wagon 120 VDC

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:47:15 -0500, Tom G did scribe:

http://tinyurl.com/7y5go