From: "Joel Parks" <et jpjt net>
To: "harry landis" <hlandis hotmail com>, <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) cable terminals
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 19:05:56 -0500

Harry,

how does one go about getting "molten lead or solder" in which to dip the
flux-coated wire or joint?

The Home Power article referenced by someone earlier also suggests this,
but
I'm not clear on the technology.  Do I need some kind of crucible to aim my
propane torch at, or is there something I might have around the shop that
would be appropriate?  Maybe an old pot with a bale to hang it from so I
don't spill the molten metal?

I would imagine that it solidifies quickly when the flame is removed, so
does one usually try to set up some sort of batch operation when doing
this?

Joel