Re: (ET) Re: Dead on the road: IT"S ALIVE!!!

I had a similiar problem with a used battery that I got because someone had busted the connector off a terminal. I put in a helicoil so the bolt had good threads to hold onto. Still maybe not a permanent solution, but I hate too see an otherwise good battery 'put down'.

I do a 'touch test' on all battery connections periodically after a hard run to find loose connections. I usually find one or two warm ones.

- SteveS

Christopher Zach wrote:

*however* Your solution of tapping the lead with a bolt is not going to work over the long term. Lead is soft, and what will happen is the bolt will loosen, causing resistance, causing warm bolt, causing melted lead, repeat. Vibrations will also cause the bolt to work loose, causing problems.