Re: (ET) All fixed

Did you remove all three wires from the lift motor ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Zach" <czach computer org>
To: "RJ Kanary" <rjkanary nauticom net>
Cc: "Elec-trak list" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) All fixed

That is a possibility, but I removed the tap wires to the lift and the lights from the pack.

Whatever it is, it's a big wire: I incinerated the wires in my deck when it developed a ground fault back in the summer. No damage to the tractor.

Chris

RJ Kanary wrote:

Not many things are still 'on' with the PD open. One of the most common" gone to ground" components is my favorite, the lift motor.{Hint, the lift motor is still 'on' when the PD is 'open'. } Lighting wiring, toasted by the armature resistors, is another 'hot' item. Think of the double contactor replacement as an occupational therapy exercise. Increases dexterity. <G>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Zach" <czach computer org>