Re: Alltrax, was RE: (ET) Newbie tries plowing

I called to order one a while back and was surprized by the increased price.  They told me they did not feel they could continue to sell at wholesale.  So I think the prices went to list.  Although the price is reasonable, I had a curtis unit and I could not justify a second unit.  A side note, although not as capable as the altrax, the curtus 1204 did not requaire as much modification to my existing machine.  I kept the contactors etc.  So if the unit fails I can change a few wires and run the old set up.
Rob in NH

Markus Lorch <mlorch vt edu> wrote:

> My Alltrax took care of that, forward/reverse is
> instantaneous and full
> variable speed. Highly recommended.
> John Briese
> I-5, alltrax

I finally got around to order me an Alltrax controller and
called them up today. The ET version of the 300Amp sep-ex
controller now costs $350 and the pot box $75. I remember
when Steve originally told us that they aimed for a price
of less than $200 and then, due to required modifications on
the field control circuit, had to up the price to $210
(plus $60 for the pot). Apparently these modifications are
also the reason for the latest price increase of 67%!

So, Alltrax is out of the question for me :( ... unless they
will lower their prices again, which I don't think is going
to happen.

Markus